Saturday, January 20, 2007

Favorite Media

My favorite type of media is movies. I love how everything comes together and turns a normal film into a great film. For example, the music, lighting, and technology help change a movie for the better. I enjoy watching how talented actors and actresses’s can take on a persona as their own. I think it is amazing that there are so many movies out there, and yet producers come up with new ideas everyday that have never been done before. There are action movies, romance movies, comedies and documentaries to say the least. No matter what kind of person you are, there is always a movie out there that you can find that will move or change you for the better. I have seen so many movies that have changed the way I thought of the world and I left the theater more open mind. If you were to take away movies I would feel as if you were taking a piece of art out of the world. Movies are a great source of my imagination and if you took this away, I would be less open minded and not as creative as I am now. They are also a great source of entertainment where friends and family get together to relax or spend quality time together. If this type of media did not exist, then that would be one less thing for people do to in their spare time. Ultimately, if movies were no longer a source of entertainment, we would have to return to the old days of board games and cards by candlelight.

2 comments:

B. Weaver said...

Do you like to experience movies on TV? DVD? The PC? Or are you a romantic traditionalist and enjoy the theatrical/mass experience at the cinaplex?

ashley pierson said...

I like to experience movies in the theaters, but because it is so expensive I tend to rent DVD's or order movies on On-Demand. I like the experience of watching a funny movie and the whole theater laughing, or a scary movie and everyone experiencing fear at the same time. I just wish it didnt cost so much to watch them in the theater.