Tuesday, May 8, 2007

What Now?

After reading our last assignment in Soc. 109 called, Interrupting the cycle of oppression: The role of allies as agents of change, I realized that this is a role that I need to take in order to make our world more equal. I am a member of the dominant group because I am a white, middle class, Christian. I also receive oppression because I am a woman. I will work to end oppression from the benefits that I receive from being in the dominant group. I will be accountable for changes I know are essential in our society. I believe that if everyone has this mentality then as a society, we will move more toward equality. In short, as my mom always said when I was a kid, I need to treat people the way I want to be treated.


This is Ashley signing off.......... goodbye

1 comment:

B. Weaver said...

Ah, the Golden Rule.